Thursday, June 5, 2014

10 Days of West-Coast Moseying - Complete (Trip 1)

Ah, what a nice couple of weeks it has been!

My trip to God's Country was greatly desired and extremely uplifting - but far too short to leave me with anything less than a feeling of having been teased with my favourite fella's company. However, I filled up on hugs and food and photos and filled the crew with baking from Vegan Vices! I had a lovely time, and experienced some prairie land weather "May"hem.

One thing I had wanted to cross off my list of things to do was go to the farmer's market! So off we went, partially in search (at least for me) of the magical veg*n 'meat' products that we knew were sold there (and consumed often by us at home).






 

I bought some vegan
shrimp. WOO.
(Then forgot to bring
it home with me.)

We were also made aware of a street festival happening that weekend - the Lilac Festival! So we went and walked down about ten blocks of vendors and through endless seas of slow-moving people, finally finding a roasted corn cart that tickled our fancies and made us feel satisfied with calling it a day.


The rest of the weekend consisted of cookie- and muffin-eating good times, a great deal of trampoline activities, touring about the city during down time, and watching Suits episodes that we are way too behind on (season 4 is starting soon!!).

On my last night, we had dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant called Bonterra, and I had this really interesting and delicious pasta dish in the photo below! Everything about it was just about right, from the size of the whole dish to the size of the noodles to the amount of non-pasta items.





The next post will cover the second trip down to Seattle and Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment