Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pumpkin Challenge Days 1 - 5

Day 1: Pumpkin Banana Bread




This delicious and vegan recipe was pulled from Hidden Fruits and Veggies! It turned out great, and I chalk that up to an excellent recipe... But how could it turn out any other way when it is full of chocolate chips?

Day 2: Pumpkin Chai Latte



A favourite staying-in go-to of mine for the pumpkin challenge! Made with Tassimo chai concentrate, warm almond milk, and large heaping spoonfuls of pumpkin puree with cinnamon on top. I chose to top this mug with coconut-milk whipped cream (if you have not tried it before, vegan/dairy-free or not, YOU SIMPLY MUST).

Day 3: Pumpkin Pizza





This pumpkin pizza was made for our house-warming pizza party last week! It was inspired by this recipe from Taste.com, but shares few similarities, as I was using pumpkin puree. According to those that ate it, it was a success! I replaced pizza sauce with pumpkin puree and topped it with cauliflower, spinach, caramelized onions, and rosemary. I believe that the original recipe would definitely be worth going back to and making according to the instructions!

Day 4: Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins




My sources tell me that these cute muffins were light and delicious, and their easily approachable size make them super snacks. The recipe comes from Southern In Law, and is one I would turn to for light desserts or party treats in the future!

Day 5: Pumpkin Pasta Sauce


Day 5 was a day of rushing around and realizing: Oh no! I don't have a pumpkin thing yet! From that, you get: Pumpkin puree turned pasta sauce. I quickly heated the puree in a pan and mixed it with a few spices, including curry powder, and threw it on some pasta with asparagus before heading to work - admittedly not my greatest creation, but it did taste good despite its hasted creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment