Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ABCs of: Denim, Easter, Food

The day of near denim overdose.
(See how I continued the "ABCs" with the words in my title?)

There is little to update anyone on during this frustratingly lengthy exam break (12 days between my first exam and my last two exams on the same day), but I thought it would be a nice time to throw down some photos and muse over things.

My last exam was welcomed, as I had a 9-day break between that and the last day of classes - and as it is a difficult course for my arts student background (Brain and Behaviour Psychology), I was very pleased with how it went! I finished in less than an hour and was given chocolate-covered almonds at the end. :) 




Following this exam's (and course's, I suppose...) completion, I began about 36 hours of intensive resume-depositing and driving between school, home, the 'Wack, and back! It was really nice to just kick back in the 'Wack after all of the driving and make some veggie meatloaf with my daddy-o while watching movies. 



Father-daughter camera dates!
The most delicious of unmeatloaves.
Josephine!
Bella!




















After a too-brief but rejuvenating visit with mi padre, I ventured back out to UBC and put in some more study hours in preparation for a busy Easter Sunday back at home. 
Thus far, the study schedule I have devised has worked exceptionally well for being so simply-structured, so I've been on track for everything so far! I sense that I will be well-prepared for my favourite class and that I will make it through my least favourite.






Ah, dinner - one of the most magical moments to capture (not really, but it is a moment that can elicit salivation over and over, which is kind of magical, right?)! I tried a vegan "imitation ham" which added
some fun texture to dinner, and with the help of gravy and everything else on the plate, dinner was both filling and delectable.

Not a couple to let food fall by the wayside, he and I decided to celebrate 20 months of togetherness with a trip to The Reef for a Caribbean lunch! Plaintain chips, jerk tofu, Johnny cakes.... I still haven't tried one of their coconut cocktails yet, but I think when that day comes, it will take the Reef to a whole-new level!






Hopefully, more exciting and interesting adventures will arise in the week still left before my next exam takes place. In the meantime, I will continue to hunt for a summer employer, contemplate what courses I will take next year, and try to pack up some of the belongings in my dorm room to prepare for moving out in just over a week. 

Vacation seems both too far and too near at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment