Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Challenge: Days 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27

In my defence, the Internet was inaccessible where I stayed this weekend.

Then Monday was a bit disorganized and required attention to bring order back to my life.

I don't have any excuse for how Thursday was left out of the mix.

Now it is Tuesday, and I can provide an update for each pumpkin item that I did consume over the weekend! It was a yummy weekend for pumpkin things, and a self-care weekend for Katie.

Thursday the 23rd: Mini Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins (vegan) from: Unknown (my Pinterest wall likely has the recipe somewhere...)

The week had been long and I felt that chocolate was in order (as per usual). I felt a need for some therapeutic baking to get me through one more week day, and these little muffins hit the spot! I absolutely love miniature baking.





Friday the 24th: Pumpkin Apple Muffins (vegan) from Minimalist Baker
Holy moly, these muffins were yummy. I mistakenly "sliced" rather than "diced" the apples for the recipe, so the apple portion of the snack was fairly large, and made the muffins a little gooey while you ate them - but that's okay! They were light and moist and naturally sweet, and I love oats in most any baked good.




Saturday the 25th: Pumpkin Pie Steamed Almond Milk from G.I.'s Blue Parrot Cafe
Since I spent the weekend with my family, I recognized that baking another item during the weekend would be unlikely to be eaten (since my family eats small quantities of everything), so I decided to go for a pumpkin item while I was out, instead. I went to the Blue Parrot Cafe for a nice light steamed almond milk with pumpkin pie flavour!



Sunday the 26th: Pumpkin Waffles (vegan) from My Darling Vegan
To celebrate my parents returning from their trip, I decided that some snack-sized waffles for brunch would be appropriate. I found this recipe from My Darling Vegan, and would happily go back! I think I put too much in the waffle-stick maker, because these didn't fluff up as much as I had hoped, but they tasted delicious, and that's really all that matters.




Monday the 27th: Chickpea Pumpkin Fritters (baked) from lunchbox.com
This recipe had sat on my Pumpkin Challenge board on Pinterest for some time, and I am glad that I finally made it yesterday! This were an easy meal/snack to make, and I have several left over that I can use for sides at lunch/dinner, or for a meal! I bet they would turn into soup, as well...




This post has been a bit excessive in order to catch up on everything, but I hope you're still with me - I only have 4 more pumpkin items to go, and I'm still not sick of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment